- New Players only must send a copy of player's birth certificate and care card, as well as proof of residency. Registration will not be complete until this is provided as it is now mandatory by BCLA.
- Registration can be paid via E-Transfer or Paypal. Your child will not be considered registered until the association receives your payment in full.
- If you are applying for a funding assistance grant, select the SPONSORSHIP payment option and notify the Registrar by email [email protected]
- NOTE: Players that are using sponsorship will not be considered registered until they provide proof of sponsorship by photo or letter from the sponsor (or application)
Female (only) Information:
- All of the Female Divisions are being hosted by Victoria-Esquimalt Lacrosse Association. You must still register with your catchment Association.
- Registration fees will be paid at time of registration and the registrar will transfer the funds to the hosting association. The Female Division practices may be moved around between Victoria facilities so that no player must always travel.
- NOTE: Fees for each Female division are base fees agreed upon by the 4 Victoria Associations. However, the host association may ask for Fundraising fees, shorts fee, etc. once teams are formed.
- Please contact [email protected] with any questions about Female Box Lacrosse registration.
- Sibling discount is $25 (Regular price for oldest child, $25 off for each additional child).
- When registering more than one child online please ensure you select the “add another player” button on the right side of the screen. All discounts will be added at the end. Please note, discounts do not apply to Female Box Lacrosse players as they will be transferred from their catchment association.
- Shorts will be provided for all registered players free of charge. Jerseys may require a deposit that is determined by each team's Manager.
- VELA has the Refer a Friend program for our players. If you refer a new player or players to VELA and they register for the 2023 season, you will be rewarded a $25.00 gift certificate to Kirby's. One $25.00 gift certificate for each successful player referral. Please have your referred player(s) put your name in the comments when they register online.
- All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the VELA Registrar, Alysha Bisgrove at velacrosseregistr[email protected]. A $25.00 processing fee will apply to all refunds.
- Full refund less a $25 Admin fee prior to February 24th and have not attended any Assessments or Back to the Box sessions.
- Full refund less BCLA fee (TBC, was $46 in 2022) and a $25 Admin fee from February 25th to March 31 or if you have participated in any Tryouts, Assessments or Back to the Box sessions prior to February 24th.
- Refunds after March 31 only for medical/injury reasons. Must be accompanied by a doctor’s note and will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the Executive.
- Please allow 30 days for processing.
- Please send an email to velacrosseregistra[email protected] to receive a refund form to complete for processing.
Need help with registration?
We acknowledge and thank the Lkwungen People, represented by the Songhees and Esquimalt First Nations, for allowing us to live, work and play on their lands.
We also give thanks for sharing the gift of the Creator's Game which has the power to heal people and communities.
A huge thank you to our community support and sponsors!
Esquimalt Fire Department
Esquimalt Rec Centre
Kirby's Source for Sports
Encore Fitness and Sport
Country Grocer Esquimalt
Friends of Buccaneer Days